Sweet & Spicy
For 1 pound of nuts:
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound whole raw cashews
- 1/4 pound pecans
- 1/4 pound walnuts
Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat; set aside.
Place the sugars, salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine, making sure there are no clumps.
Whisk the egg white in a large bowl until very frothy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla until fully incorporated
Spread the nuts in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until the nuts are golden-brown, about 30 minutes total.
Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and let the nuts cool completely.